12 things you might learn in your first year as a designer. by Craig Oldham
- Understand what graphic design means to you.
- Be honest with yourself about your strength and your weakness.
- A portfolio is for like, not just an interview.
- Placements matter: Do them!
- The design industry is small
- Participate with other people and share your ideas
- Graphic design is just a job, but being a designer is different
- If you don’t fail then you aren’t trying
- Life and work exist outside London
- Designing is, probably, only 20% of your job
- Have a life outside of design
- Work hard and BE NICE TO PEOPLE!